Magnum is the primary development framework of dimajix for 3d graphics and multimedia. Its main mission is the integration of 3d graphics into existing applications and creating desktop based virtual reality software. Of course the library can also be used for creating rich multimedia applications and games.
Magnum also forms the base for trying new graphics technologies and algorithms built on top of OpenGL. It includes many different technologies, which are largely independent and thus easily useable in many different projects. By an intensive and strict modularisation of the whole library, Magnum still can be easily enhanced and maintained.
- 12/06/2006. A new developer release of Magnum is ready for download. It includes the source-code to all demos and tests.
- 01/27/2006. A new release of Magnum is ready for download. This time some test cases and a small 3d model viewer is included.
- 01/19/2006. Website has been reworked for a fresher look.
- 12/29/2005. New picking demo including source code has been released. And of course the framework has been updated.
- 09/06/2005. New mirroring
demo using the OpenGL EXT_framebuffer_object
extension. And of course the framework has been updated.
- 04/11/2005. New soapfilm demo plus new framework and updated 3rd-party libraries released.
- 02/26/2005. Improved frustum culling demo available for download.
- 02/10/2005. New springdemo available for cloth simulation.
- 01/18/2005. New demo released that tests geometric intersection routines.