3rd Party Libraries
At many places in Magnum we fall back to robust open source libraries in order to speed up development. In particular we use the following free libraries:
- OpenGL - The 3d graphics subsystem of Magnum builds directly on top of the high performance OpenGL graphics API. This ensures a much easier portability to other platforms like Linux or other UNIXes.
- OpenAL - For 3d audio we use OpenAL which is also available on many different platforms.
- ODE and OPCODE - For phyiscal simulations Magnum currently uses the Open Dynamics Engine (short ODE), which itself uses OPCODE for intersection and collision tests.
- freetype - For high quality and anti-aliased text renedering we use the well-known and capable library freetype.
- jpeglib, libpng, libungif, zlib - For reading and writing many popular graphics formats, we use the corresponding libraries which again saves a lot of work and time.